Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Wed October 31, 2012
Bats are beneficial, says rehab volunteer
It’s Halloween – a time when black cats and bats are demonized or depicted as scary. But bats are actually one of the most unique mammals on the planet. Scientists say they’re vital to the health of our ecosystem.
So today, KPLU environment reporter Bellamy Pailthorp met with a woman who has taken it upon herself to re-habilitate as many injured bats as she can find.