Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
News & Music Contributors
Tue February 28, 2012
'Band of Brothers' soldier dies at 90 in Washington
BURLINGTON, Wash. — A veteran whose World War II exploits were depicted in the HBO miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died, his family said.
Lynn D. "Buck" Compton died Saturday in Burlington, Wash., after having a heart attack last month, the family told the Los Angeles Times.
In January, nearly 200 guests, including actors from the miniseries, attended his 90th birthday party, the Skagit Valley Herald reported.
Lynn Compton also is remembered for his legal career in California. He headed the team that prosecuted Sirhan B. Sirhan for the slaying of Robert F. Kennedy.