Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 23, 2011
Ballard Locks closed for inspection today
The Ballard Locks in Seattle are closing from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday so divers can inspect structures that divert salmon to the fish ladder.
The Corps of Engineers says both the large locks and small locks will be closed, so boaters will have to wait to travel between Puget Sound and the Lake Washington Ship Canal.