Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 23, 2011
Ballard Locks closed for inspection today
The Ballard Locks in Seattle are closing from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday so divers can inspect structures that divert salmon to the fish ladder.
The Corps of Engineers says both the large locks and small locks will be closed, so boaters will have to wait to travel between Puget Sound and the Lake Washington Ship Canal.