Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Armed at Sea-Tac: TSA finds 2 handguns in carry-on bags
SEATAC, Wash. — Security officers found handguns two straight days at checkpoints at Sea-Tac Airport.
The Transportation Safety Administration says a .22-caliber was found in the carry-on bag Thursday of a man flying to San Francisco. It was loaded with eight rounds, including a bullet in the chamber.
On Wednesday a Glock pistol was discovered in the carry-on bag of a man headed to Hawaii.
Both men were arrested. In addition to state charges they could be fined by the TSA up to $11,000.
The TSA says more than 1,200 firearms were found nationwide last year in carry-on bags.
Weapons can be transported in checked luggage if they are declared at the ticket counter.