Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Thu January 12, 2012
Armed at Sea-Tac: TSA finds 2 handguns in carry-on bags
SEATAC, Wash. — Security officers found handguns two straight days at checkpoints at Sea-Tac Airport.
The Transportation Safety Administration says a .22-caliber was found in the carry-on bag Thursday of a man flying to San Francisco. It was loaded with eight rounds, including a bullet in the chamber.
On Wednesday a Glock pistol was discovered in the carry-on bag of a man headed to Hawaii.
Both men were arrested. In addition to state charges they could be fined by the TSA up to $11,000.
The TSA says more than 1,200 firearms were found nationwide last year in carry-on bags.
Weapons can be transported in checked luggage if they are declared at the ticket counter.