Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
An annoying question from the waiter
I am made wary when servers ask "Have you dined with us before?" Why do they want to know?
In this week's Food for Thought my unindicted co-conspirator Nancy Leson attempts to answer the question. Along the way I also curmudgify on the topic of sleep wear in public. And I'm not the only diner 'round here with a beef.
The KPLU news staff contributed to this week's list of Annoying Things That Can Happen in Restaurants list. Science reporter Keith Seinfeld hates being seated in the draft from the eatery's front door. Environment reporter Bellamy Pailthorp grows impatient when ignored by servers, and news director Erin Hennessey can sniff out a soured bar towel from 15 paces.
What's on your list?
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions they don't have to worry about answers."
-- Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow