Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
News & Music Contributors
American Airlines grounding
Tue April 16, 2013
American Airlines fixes computers, delays go on
American Airlines says it has fixed an outage in its main reservations system that is disrupting travel for thousands of passengers whose flights have been delayed or canceled.
American Airlines spokeswoman Stacey Frantz said Tuesday that the system was fixed by 4:30 p.m. EDT. But the airline expects to see flight delays and cancellations throughout the rest of the day.
Tracking service FlightAware says that as of mid-afternoon,American has canceled more than 700 flights and another 765 flights are delayed.
Passengers are describing long airport lines and frustration at a lack of information from airline employees.