Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 7, 2013
Amber Alert Issued in Wash. for Boy, Teen Abducted in Calif.
An Amber Alert has been issued in Washington state for a boy and a teen girl who was abducted in San Diego County, California, and believed to be headed to Canada.
Police say James DiMaggio, 40, took 8-year-old Ethan Anderson and 16-year-old Hannah Anderson after allegedly murdering their mother. The woman's remains were found inside a burned-out house near the U.S.-Mexico border on Sunday.
The body of an unidentified child was also found in the house, according to ABC15.com. Police are awaiting DNA test results to determine whether the remains belong to Ethan Anderson, whom they believe was either killed or abducted.
Ethan Anderson is 4-foot-11, 65 pounds with sandy-colored hair.
Hannah Anderson is 5-foot-7, 115 pounds and has blond hair and blue eyes.
DiMaggio is 5-foot-9, 150 pounds with brown hair and eyes.
The three are believed to be in a blue Nissan Versa with California license plate number 6WCU986.
Authorities reported possible sightings of DiMaggio's car on Wednesday near Alturas, Calif., and Lakeview, Ore., and Thursday near Bremerton, Wash.
Anyone with information on their whereabouts is urged to contact Washington State Patrol at 253-538-3240.