Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 17, 2011
Amazon founder Bezos gives Seattle museum $10 million
A Seattle history museum says Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has given the institution a $10 million gift.
It's the largest donation in the 59-year history of the Museum of History and Industry. The money will be used to establish a "Center for Innovation" at the new home of the museum, which is set to open in fall 2012.
The new location of the museum is a few blocks from the new Amazon.com campus in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood.
The new innovation exhibit will focus on Seattle's history as a center for industrial innovation, dating back to Henry Yesler's steam-powered sawmill.