Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 17, 2011
Amazon founder Bezos gives Seattle museum $10 million
A Seattle history museum says Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has given the institution a $10 million gift.
It's the largest donation in the 59-year history of the Museum of History and Industry. The money will be used to establish a "Center for Innovation" at the new home of the museum, which is set to open in fall 2012.
The new location of the museum is a few blocks from the new Amazon.com campus in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood.
The new innovation exhibit will focus on Seattle's history as a center for industrial innovation, dating back to Henry Yesler's steam-powered sawmill.