Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 17, 2011
Amazon founder Bezos gives Seattle museum $10 million
A Seattle history museum says Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has given the institution a $10 million gift.
It's the largest donation in the 59-year history of the Museum of History and Industry. The money will be used to establish a "Center for Innovation" at the new home of the museum, which is set to open in fall 2012.
The new location of the museum is a few blocks from the new Amazon.com campus in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood.
The new innovation exhibit will focus on Seattle's history as a center for industrial innovation, dating back to Henry Yesler's steam-powered sawmill.