Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Advertising will be allowed in Seattle schools
The Seattle School Board voted Wednesday night to allow some commercial advertising on school grounds.
The vote reverses a ban that was imposed in 2004.
KIRO-FM reports ads now will be allowed at high school sports fields, on scoreboards and on wall calendars.
The type of ads would be tightly regulated, reports MyNorthwest.com. A district spokeswoman told the news stie that the advertising alone could bring in an estimated $20,000 a year.
The ad revenue will go into student activities and the district's general fund.