Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Thu June 21, 2012
Advertising will be allowed in Seattle schools
The Seattle School Board voted Wednesday night to allow some commercial advertising on school grounds.
The vote reverses a ban that was imposed in 2004.
KIRO-FM reports ads now will be allowed at high school sports fields, on scoreboards and on wall calendars.
The type of ads would be tightly regulated, reports MyNorthwest.com. A district spokeswoman told the news stie that the advertising alone could bring in an estimated $20,000 a year.
The ad revenue will go into student activities and the district's general fund.