Most Active Stories
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
- Woman Who Got Secret Santa Gift From Bill Gates: Sorry About The iPad On My Wishlist
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 10, 2011
Aberdeen biodiesel plant humming 24 hours a day
ABERDEEN, Wash. – A biodiesel plant at Aberdeen is operating 24 hours a day, producing fuel using canola oil from Canada.
The Daily World of Aberdeen reports the 4-year-old Imperium Renewables has recovered from struggles the past couple of years thanks to markets in Oregon and Canada driven by environmental standards.
The plant employs 42 people. It was designed to produce 100 million gallons a year.
The CEO of the Seattle-based company, John Plaza, says it plans a $250 million expansion of the Grays Harbor plant if it wins a long-term contract to provide bio-jet fuel to the military.