Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
5 reasons not to panic about the bird flu experiments
The scientific community is in serious kerfuffle right now about whether or not to publish the details of certain bird flu virus experiments.
Angry words are flying back and forth between experts – much like the proverbial behavior of chickens with their heads cut off. One commentator for Scientific American has even suggested banning all such research.
It’s all a bit much, and probably not good for science or for our global health. I would like to offer five reasons not to panic.