Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Listen: The Popular Coffee Drink Even Seattle Doesn't Know About
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Wash. Inmate Crews Celebrated For Work On Summer Wildfires
News & Music Contributors
Tue February 7, 2012
5 reasons not to panic about the bird flu experiments
The scientific community is in serious kerfuffle right now about whether or not to publish the details of certain bird flu virus experiments.
Angry words are flying back and forth between experts – much like the proverbial behavior of chickens with their heads cut off. One commentator for Scientific American has even suggested banning all such research.
It’s all a bit much, and probably not good for science or for our global health. I would like to offer five reasons not to panic.