Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Evening Jazz Host
Sunday Side Up Jazz Host
Business and Labor Reporter
Online Managing Editor
Morning Edition Host
All Blues Host
Weekend Edition Saturday and Jazz on the Grooveyard Host
Midday Jazz Host
Saturday Jazz Matinee Host
All Things Considered Host
Health & Science Reporter/Assistant News Director
Youth & Education Reporter
Midday Jazz Host
Law & Justice Reporter
Production Manager/ Jazz & Blues Host
Festivals and Events
3 things this weekend: Jazz and holiday celebration
By Joshua Kinne
Thanksgiving is over, but the holiday season is just beginning. This weekend has some exciting stuff in store. Legendary Jazz pianist Chick Corea is in town and much, more!
- The Nutcracker is playing all over with the holidays right around the corner. For our friends in B.C., pay a visit to the Royal Theater in Victoria. The Nutcracker will be there from Friday-Sunday. Tickets are $25 online. Seattle’s own annual Nutcracker ballet runs all month and tickets are available for all showings on the PNB website.
- The Seattle Radio Theater is gearing up for it’s annual Miracle on 34th Street at Town Hall Seattle on the 4th. John Maynard, weekly contributor on KPLU’s Record Bin Roulette, will be performing! Don’t miss this annual event!
- Chick Corea dropped by KPLU for a live studio session. If you missed this rare performance (of even if you didn't), Corea is playing at Dimitriou’s Jazz Alley in Seattle all weekend until the 4th. Get tickets for this Jazz legend online at the Jazz Alley website or at the door.