Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
News & Music Contributors
Festivals and events
Fri September 30, 2011
3 things to do over the weekend
From locally crafted brews to deep rumbling sub-woofers, Tacoma and Seattle have a lot to offer this weekend in terms of events and festivals. Check out these three local events that could make your weekend fun and exciting.
Indulge your German side this weekend at Tacoma’s Oktoberfest. Enjoy local craft brews, handmade pretzels, a pie eating contest and a chainsaw pumpkin carving competition in the Theater District’s historic Opera Alley 7th & Court “C.”
For cheap, clean, family fun this weekend the Pierce County Harvest Festival is just for you! The combined events feature 28 farms paired with fun kid's activities, chef demonstrations, wine tastings, farm stands, pumpkin patches, farm animals, a fiber arts show, historical exhibits and other educational events. Check out the Harvest Festival Tour Guide.
For fans of electronic music, visual art and ‘New Media’ visit the International Decibel festival this weekend at various venues throughout Seattle, including the EMP. The Decibel festival has over 70 performers from around the world. KPLU’s Rachel Solomon did a report on the Decibel Festival and the Lawn Chair Generals.