Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Seattle city workers
Fri December 2, 2011
3 Seattle utilities employees fired over $440
The Seattle Public Utilities agency fired three employees Friday and suspended a fourth for tampering with billing records.
The agency says an investigation found they waived late fees, readjusted payment periods or manipulated payment arrangements.
The employee action is the result of a review of billing data that began in April after the agency fired two other employees for crediting their own accounts.
Revenue losses are about $440. The agency says it's increasing controls of the billing system to prevent misconduct.
The agency provides water, sewer and trash disposal services in Seattle.