Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
News & Music Contributors
Seattle city workers
Fri December 2, 2011
3 Seattle utilities employees fired over $440
The Seattle Public Utilities agency fired three employees Friday and suspended a fourth for tampering with billing records.
The agency says an investigation found they waived late fees, readjusted payment periods or manipulated payment arrangements.
The employee action is the result of a review of billing data that began in April after the agency fired two other employees for crediting their own accounts.
Revenue losses are about $440. The agency says it's increasing controls of the billing system to prevent misconduct.
The agency provides water, sewer and trash disposal services in Seattle.