Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Seattle city workers
Fri December 2, 2011
3 Seattle utilities employees fired over $440
The Seattle Public Utilities agency fired three employees Friday and suspended a fourth for tampering with billing records.
The agency says an investigation found they waived late fees, readjusted payment periods or manipulated payment arrangements.
The employee action is the result of a review of billing data that began in April after the agency fired two other employees for crediting their own accounts.
Revenue losses are about $440. The agency says it's increasing controls of the billing system to prevent misconduct.
The agency provides water, sewer and trash disposal services in Seattle.