Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 20, 2011
3 aircraft carriers could be sharing Bremerton
BREMERTON, Wash. — Three aircraft carriers could end up at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard at the same time in the next couple of months.
The Kitsap Sun reports a $239 million overhaul of the USS Nimitz won't be completed by the end of the year as expected. The Navy says it will move to its new home port in Everett sometime in February.
The USS Reagan is heading in for a $218 million overhaul. It's home port change from San Diego is scheduled for January.
Meanwhile, the USS Stennis that departed Bremerton in July for a seven-month deployment is due to return by the end of February.