Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue January 7, 2014
2nd Gay Worker At Eastside Catholic School To Marry
A gay woman hired to choreograph a Catholic school musical says she recently got engaged to her partner and is nervous about how school leaders will handle the news.
Stephanie Merrow is working on her second musical for Eastside Catholic School in Sammamish, where vice principal Mark Zmuda was recently forced out of his job for marrying his partner.
Calls seeking comment from Sister Mary Tracy, head of the school, and its attorney Mike Patterson were not immediately returned.
Merrow told The Associated Press the couple got engaged the day after Zmuda was forced out. She and her partner have been together for five years and plan to marry in August.
Merrow says she doesn't know how the school's leadership will handle the news of her engagement.