Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 3, 2012
$290 million levy for Seattle waterfront seawall
The Seattle City Council votes next week whether to put a $290 million levy on the Nov. 6 ballot to pay for a new seawall along Elliott Bay.
A council committee recommended the move Monday in favor of the 30-year bond.
The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce reports (http://is.gd/YBrumz) the seawall is needed to support a new surface road after the Alaskan Way Viaduct is removed.
If the levy passes, the owner of a $360,000 home would pay $59 a year.