Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
$290 million levy for Seattle waterfront seawall
The Seattle City Council votes next week whether to put a $290 million levy on the Nov. 6 ballot to pay for a new seawall along Elliott Bay.
A council committee recommended the move Monday in favor of the 30-year bond.
The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce reports (http://is.gd/YBrumz) the seawall is needed to support a new surface road after the Alaskan Way Viaduct is removed.
If the levy passes, the owner of a $360,000 home would pay $59 a year.