Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Seattle hempfest 2011
Fri August 19, 2011
20th Hempfest draws crowd to Seattle park
The 20th Seattle Hempfest opened at noon Friday in a park on the Seattle waterfront.
(Photo gallery from Friday afternoon inside.)
Myrtle Edwards Park buzzed with a crowd drawn to a collection of speakers, vendors and bands at the "cannabis policy reform event." It's a political rally, concert and arts and crafts fair all rolled up into one.
Supporters hope it will grow the budding movement to decriminalize marijuana and endorse the benefits of the drug and hemp products.
Hempfest runs through Sunday.