Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Seattle hempfest 2011
Fri August 19, 2011
20th Hempfest draws crowd to Seattle park
The 20th Seattle Hempfest opened at noon Friday in a park on the Seattle waterfront.
(Photo gallery from Friday afternoon inside.)
Myrtle Edwards Park buzzed with a crowd drawn to a collection of speakers, vendors and bands at the "cannabis policy reform event." It's a political rally, concert and arts and crafts fair all rolled up into one.
Supporters hope it will grow the budding movement to decriminalize marijuana and endorse the benefits of the drug and hemp products.
Hempfest runs through Sunday.