Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Tue October 18, 2011
13-year sentence for murder of girl, 15, in Burien
KENT, Wash. — A Burien teen who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for shooting his girlfriend was sentenced Monday in Kent to 13 years in prison.
Matthew Dubois was 16 when he shot 15-year-old Mikarah "Tinky" Sanders in the face on New Year's Eve in 2009 in Burien.
KIRO-TV reports Dubois didn't like a comment a former boyfriend left Sanders on her MySpace page.
Police said Dubois shot himself in the shoulder afterward and claimed that another man had shot both teens.