Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
News & Music Contributors
Tue October 18, 2011
13-year sentence for murder of girl, 15, in Burien
KENT, Wash. — A Burien teen who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for shooting his girlfriend was sentenced Monday in Kent to 13 years in prison.
Matthew Dubois was 16 when he shot 15-year-old Mikarah "Tinky" Sanders in the face on New Year's Eve in 2009 in Burien.
KIRO-TV reports Dubois didn't like a comment a former boyfriend left Sanders on her MySpace page.
Police said Dubois shot himself in the shoulder afterward and claimed that another man had shot both teens.