Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Wed July 20, 2011
13 vehicle crash on I-90 in Bellevue injures 7
A 13-vehicle crash on I-90 in Bellevue during the morning rush hour has injured seven people, including one child in critical condition at a local hospital.
The Department of Transportation says the crash at 7:48 a.m. started when a logging truck lost its rear axle. The driver was able to pull the truck over, but logs partially fell off the truck. Vehicles crashed into the truck's front end and the logs hanging off the bed of the truck.
Authorities say the accident caused a freeway backup of at least five miles.