Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Stanley Cup Riot
Thu July 21, 2011
‘Hundreds’ identified as suspects in Vancouver riots
CTV News reports thirty-seven people involved in the Stanley Cup riot have turned themselves in to investigators and hundreds of suspects are expected to face criminal charges, according to Vancouver police.
The Integrated Riot Investigation Team warned, however, that the process to get charges approved will be "lengthy and complex."
Seven of the people who have turned themselves in are Vancouverites, while nine are from Surrey, four from Maple Ridge and three from Burnaby, CTV reported. The remaining suspects are scattered throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
Police are currently investigating an additional 111 people for their involvement in the chaos that resulted in the burning of cars and trashing of store fronts throughout downtown Vancouver on June 15.
Sports with Art Thiel