Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sarah Handel is the Associate Producer for NPR's Talk of the Nation. She also directs the show from time to time, and assists the New York production staff of NPR's Talk of the Nation Science Friday. After a formative stint as a college radio DJ at WUOG in Athens, Georgia, Sarah knew a career in sociology could never compare to radio. Then, one evening, she heard a story on the Magnetic Fields on All Things Considered, and realized a gig at National Public Radio was her logical next step. This goal dovetailed neatly with her planned return to the DC area, where she grew up and had been accepted at graduate school. Once there she translated her interests in music, literature, technology, and art into an internship at NPR's Arts Information Unit, temped for a while, and happily landed at Talk.