Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Photographer Documents Gentrification In Seattle’s Rainier Beach Neighborhood
- Mass: 'Perfect Viewing Conditions' For Northern Lights This Weekend
- How This Musician Made Seattle Street Performing Legal 40 Years Ago
- One Seattle Designer's Idea: How About Turning Your Remains Into Compost?
- Has Microsoft’s Tax Policy Hurt Washington State’s Ability To Pay For Schools?
News & Music Contributors
Nick began working at KPLU as a program host in the late 1980’s and, with the exception of a relatively brief hiatus, has been with the station ever since. Along with his work as a Midday Jazz host, Nick worked for several years as KPLU’s Music Director. He is now the station’s Production Manager and also serves as a fill-in host on KPLU’s jazz and blues programs.
Among his many memorable KPLU moments, Nick vividly recalls his pleasure and amazement when jazz guitarist, Larry Coryell, visited the studios during his program and performed a solo, acoustic guitar version of George Gershwin’s ‘Rhapsody In Blue.’ It still stands as one of the most wonderful live music performances he’s ever seen.