Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Peter Sagal Explains Difference Between Seattle Runners And Chicago Runners
- 'Wait Wait' Host Peter Sagal Talks Comedy, News And What It's Like To Run In Seattle
- A Court Decision Says Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Are Illegal in Washington State
- New Generation Of Undocumented Students Starts College Under Wash. 'Dream Act'
- Listen To Seattle Man Blow A Shofar Inside A Two-Million Gallon Water Tank
News & Music Contributors
John has worked as a professional bassist for 20 years, including a 15 year stint as Musical Director of the Mountain Stage radio program. John has been at KPLU since 1999 where he hosts “All Blues”, is producer of the BirdNote radio program, and co-hosts “Record Bin Roulette”. John is also the recording engineer for KPLU “In-Studio Performances”. Not surprisingly, John's main musical interests are jazz and blues, and he is still performing around Seattle.
His most memorable and satisfying KPLU radio moment was getting an email from Jimmy Lane, a bluesman and the son of blues legend Jimmy Rogers, who said something like “You’re playing the good stuff, keep it up!”