Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Kids Sick With Suspected Enterovirus Hospitalized At Seattle Children's Hospital
- Seattle's Erotic Bakery, A Decades-Old Institution, To Close Its Doors
- 'Wait Wait' Host Peter Sagal Talks Comedy, News And What It's Like To Run In Seattle
- Missing Section Of Nez Perce Trail Holds Little-Known Part Of History
- Killing Comes Naturally To Chimps, Scientists Say
News & Music Contributors
Abe grew up in Western Washington, a 3rd generation Seattle/Tacoma kid. It was as a student at Pacific Lutheran University that Abe landed his first job at KPLU, editing and producing audio for news stories. It was a Christmas Day shift no one else wanted that gave Abe his first on-air experience which led to overnights, then Saturday afternoons, and he's been hosting Evening Jazz since 1998.
His most memorable KPLU radio moments include introducing Dave Brubeck, Ray Charles, Oscar Peterson and other greats; attending the San Sebastian Jazz Festival in Spain with a group of KPLU jazz fans; and locking himself out of the station on a particularly cold winter night.