Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
KPLU's Food for Thought Happy Hour is SOLD OUT
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
KPLU's Dick Stein and food commentator Nancy Leson are hosting a Food for Thought "Happy Hour"! Kick back, rub elbows with Dick and Nancy, mingle with other Food for Thought fans, and enjoy drinks and delicious appetizers from three of the Northwest's top chefs while you watch them prepare their dishes live on stage. Two Scoops Combo will provide the food tunes. You'll also be part of a live taping of a Food for Thought segment.
Where and When: Thursday, May 15, 5:30 p.m. at Tom Douglas' Palace Ballroom in downtown Seattle
- One drink ticket (beer, wine, soft drink, ice tea, sparkling and flat water, coffee, tea). A cash bar will be available throughout the evening.
- Pre-event "nosh" provided by Lola Restaurant (Griddled Handmade Pita, Lola Spreads, Vegetable Crudite served with Housemade Ranch).
- Appetizers prepared by our participating chefs (below).
- Music by Two Scoops Combo.
Our Participating Chefs:
Tom Douglas, Tom Douglas Restaurants - Salt and pepper shrimp, seaweed cracker, sesame mayo
Thierry Rautureau ("The Chef in the Hat"), Loulay Kitchen & Bar - Lamb meatball, fried polenta, citrus-harissa aioli
Holly Smith, Café Juanita - Braised rabbit with pancetta, morels and English peas
About Two Scoops Combo:
Two Scoops Combo serves up a unique blend of rollicking boogie-woogie humor and heart-felt blues. Eric "Two Scoops" Moore stirs fun into his audience with the touch of a master chef. His legendary ability to transport listeners to Chicago, Kansas City or New Orleans in a flash has been documented in countless fan testimonials. Two Scoops breathes new life into familiar favorites and delivers generous portions of crowd-pleasing hits from his own records. He has won the Best Piano/Keyboard award five times from the Washington Blues Society.
From 5:30-6 p.m., listeners can meet and mingle, have a "nosh" and a beverage, and enjoy music by Two Scoops Combo. Dick and Nancy will kick off the program on stage at 6 p.m.
All tickets will be at will-call.
Questions? Contact KPLU Listener Services at 800-677-5758 or firstname.lastname@example.org.